Last year, more than 1000 submissions were received in 23 Groove Awards categories, which saw singers Timeless Noel and Jabidii take home three and two awards respectively.
Artists and the public have until 31 May to make their submissions after which the nominees will be announced in June and voting opened thereafter.
Nominations for the 14th edition of the Groove Awards Kenya are now open. The awards seek to promote and connect gospel artists across Africa and raise the quality and standard of the local and regional gospel music industry.
The songs to be submitted must have been commercially released in Kenya between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2019 through one of the following mediums:
- Public album launch
- YouTube and other digital distribution platforms
- Broadcast through mass media (TV or radio)
The public can read the guidelines before submitting their entries at the Groove awards Portal. The music to be submitted should:
- Be positive gospel music.
- Be of good sound quality.
- The artist must live a Christian lifestyle.
- All featured artists must be gospel musicians.
- Be hugely popular and have national appeal.
- Be in either the English or Swahili language.
- The picture quality of the video must be clear and of high production quality.
Below is the full list of categories:
- Song of the Year
- Teens Choice Song of the Year
- Artist of the Year
- Praise and Worship Song of the Year
- Collabo of the Year
- Music Video of the Year
- Dance Style/Song
- Songwriter of the Year
- Hip hop Song of the Year
- Reggae/Ragga Song of the Year
- Hypeman/MC of the Year
- Breakthrough DJ of the Year
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- Rift Valley Counties Song of the Year
- Coastal Counties Song of the Year
- Central Counties Song of the Year
- Nyanza Counties Song of the Year
- Eastern Counties Song of the Year
- Western Counties Song of the Year
- Radio Presenter/Radio Show of the Year
- TV Presenter/TV Show of the Year