Is it a Curse? When the rain started beating Pastor Ng’ang’a

He has been in the news making headlines more than the famous Arror and Kimwarer dams. Not even the Tanga Tanga Chronicles can make headlines more than he does!

Pastor Ng'ang'a of Neno Evangelist Ministry

Renowned televangelist Pastor Ng’ang’a of Neno Evangelist Ministry is back in the headlines, as usual, not for any good reason! Recently, charges of causing death by dangerous driving against him were dropped by a court.

In 2015, Ng’ang’a was alleged to have been involved in a sensational hit-and-run accident on the Naivasha-Nakuru highway in July, causing the death of Mercy Njeri.

He was charged with causing death through dangerous driving. There were allegations of a cover-up by police.

Ng’ang’a and his driver Simon Kuria were freed by chief magistrate Godfrey Oduor at the Limuru law court.

He said Ng’ang’a, hid driver and police officers Patrick Baya and Christopher Nzioka had no case to answer.

Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji said the magistrate had made three key mistakes in dropping charges.

Last month, Ng’ang’a was picked up from his church at the junction of Haile Sellasie Avenue and Uhuru Highway and locked up at Muthaiga police station.

He spent the night in police cells after allegedly threatening to kill Citizen TV journalist Linus Kaikai.

Kaikai had complained he felt threatened by a video that had gone viral, in which the pastor had recorded himself warning Kaikai to keep off church matters or risk his life.

Ng’ang’a  was charged with threatening to kill Kaikai, incitement to violence and disobedience of the law.

He was released on cash bail of Sh200,000, pending mention of the case on April 3.

The trouble seems to keep following the televangelist as he had to spend the night at  Central Police Station in Nairobi after being arrested on Thursday.

Ng’ang’a was arrested for allegedly defrauding a businessman of Sh3.6 million.

The televangelist is set to appear at Milimani Law Courts.

He was released on police bond on Friday morning after reaching an agreement with the police.

“He had agreed to pay but he has been delaying to honour that agreement. So we decided to process him and take him to court,” Central police commander Stanley Atavachi said.

Are the end times near? The likes of Pastor Ng’ang’a are our spiritual leaders!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *