After releasing the 2018 KSCE results, Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) withheld the results for some of the schools. Students whose results had been withheld have been living in fear and depression, but do you think this could save them from Education Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed’s shocker?
Students at St Antony Naburereya Secondary school in Bumula Constituency, Bungoma County are among those who have been anxious of the withheld results. Knec on Friday finally released the results of the 93 students who sat their 2018 KCSE exam at St Anthony Naburereya Secondary School.
Unfortunately, 22 candidates received a shocker! The Kenya National Examination Council released the results of 71 students and cancelled 22 of them.
The results had been withheld following KNEC’s concerns of irregularities.
KCSE results were announced on December 21.
“The 22 students whose results were cancelled will have to redo this year’s examination .We have already guided and counselled them and they are good to go,” principal Irene Otsiula said.
The 93 students had complained about the delay in releasing their results, with their parents saying some had become depressed.
Otsiula said 13 students qualify for direct entry to public universities.
Students with C+ and above qualify for admission to public institutions.