Any man can wear a suit but it depends on how they wear it.
You can wear a suit and end up looking like a fool or a sharp man that is ready to go for a business meeting in Italy.
Kenyan men need to understand that suits are not the normal kind of clothing. It’s different and must be worn right. Here are 10 things every Kenyan man must know about wearing a suit;
1. The jacket length should vary depending on your height.
For instance, if you are 5’9 or shorter, your jacket should be below the hip bones. If you have been blessed with height(taller) the jacket should fall just a bit lower the hip bones.
2. The collar of the jacket should rest against your shirt collar.
When wearing the jacket, its collar should rest against your shirt collar. Avoid having any gaps between the shirt and jacket.
Once you observe your shirt collar is on the jacket collar, that is a sign your jacket is too tight.
3. Learn to unfasten the buttons while sitting down.
This is to avoid your suit from getting dirty, creasing or preventing the buttons from popping. You don’t want to look like you wore a suit smaller than your body size.
4. Always button your shirt at the top.
Doing this always gives the shirt a sharp and smart look. Make sure it’s not choking you though because it will be very uncomfortable.
5. The shoulders of the suit should fit your shoulders.
When it comes to wearing a suit, you need to make sure it’s a perfect fit.
6. Don’t over-accessorize too much.