A huge fire broke out at along the Jomo Kenyatta Avenue under unclear circumstances.
Businesses near the building located at Saba Saba in Majengo area, Mombasa were caught unawares by the raging inferno.
Reports emerged that the section of the structure was a hardware store identified as Minna hardware.
Additional information indicated that the cause of the blaze was yet to be identified.
Firefighters who responded to the incident managed to put out the flames but the damaged had already been done.
The hardware store was reduced to ashes and the owners left counting losses.
This incident comes months after another fire engulfed a building in the coastal town.
In November, an inferno was witnessed at Mombasa hospital.
Details at the time disclosed that a gas cylinder in the kitchen had caused the fire after it exploded.
Contradicting information had surfaced that the fire had initially started at the children’s wing.
The fire incident came days after Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho was admitted at the largest private health facility in the county.
Joho’s aide revealed that the county boss was taken in after he suffered from a case of Malaria.
The vocal Joho thanked the rescue team for their swift response after the tragedy that had caused panic among the staff and patients at the hospital.