After all is said and done by everyone about Cristiano Ronaldo’s behaviour when he was subbed off in a league match played on Sunday, his club, Juventus, is now planning to take action.
Media reports from Italy say the Portuguese will be asked for an explanation by Juventus on why he left the stadium after being substituted in their 1-0 victory over Milan.
According to a report in Gazzetta dello Sport, the Portugal superstar will meet Juventus’ Sporting Director Fabio Paratici and vice-chairman Pavel Nedved after the international break to discuss the same and possibly learn about his punishment.
The club also expects an apology from Ronaldo who escaped both a fine and a ban for his reaction when head coach Maurizio Sarri took him off after 55 minutes.
Ronaldo was replaced by Paulo Dybala as the Italian champions toiled in search of a goal, and indeed, he proved Sarri right as he scored the lone goal in the 77th minute.
“He should be thanked because he made himself available despite not being in optimal conditions,” Sarri said about Dybala.
“In the last month he has had this discomfort in his knee and this is a little problem for him,” he added.
Ronaldo has now been substituted in Juventus’ last two clashes and he has reacted furiously in all, the first one being during their 2-1 win against Lokomotiv Moscow last week.
With this, the ex-Manchester United ace, who has netted six goals in 13 appearances for Juventus this season, has been taken off this season as many times as he was throughout the entire 2018/19 campaign.