Fire Razes Down 45 Houses in Nairobi’s Spring Valley

Fire burning down a house

Several families were left homeless after a Saturday morning fire razed their shanty houses to the ground at Kibarage slums within Spring Valley, Gigiri Division, in Nairobi.

Reports from the police indicate that the fire started in one of the houses and quickly spread to the other houses, and it took the assistance of the County Fire Brigade to put it out.

No one was injured in the fire incident whose cause is yet to be established.

Elsewhere, three individuals sustained injuries following a Saturday accident involving a minibus and a personal car.

One of those injured, Vincent Nyole, was walking alongside the road when the minibus, which also hit a personal vehicle that was trying to overtake, lost control and knocked him down at Gathondeki stage along Naivasha Road. He was rushed to Kenyatta National Hospital where he is undergoing treatment.

A vehicle overtaking on a highway. Careless overtaking by motorists is one of the leading causes of road accidents.

The personal vehicle driver was treated at MP Shah Hospital while the mini-bus driver was taken to an unknown hospital.

Within Buruburu Division, a foetus was recovered from the Nairobi River Saturday afternoon near bridge 23. The foetus was moved to the City Mortuary pending investigations into who dumped the baby in the river.

Past photo of heavily polluted Nairobi River. The river is a notorious duping site for dead bodies, including fetuses from illegal abortion

Meanwhile, in Kasarani, police are investigating a case whereby a vehicle owner reported recovering a firearm from his vehicle as it was undergoing maintenance.

According to Dishon Kimani, his mechanics were installing a music system in his pick-up vehicle on Saturday, when they noticed a revolver pistol make smith and wesson s/no. 80591-16 loaded with six rounds of 38mm special between the dashboard and the gearbox.

In a related incident, a resident of Pangani in Starehe Division, Musa Said Hassan, reported to the police that his mini Ceska s/no. A170056 loaded with 9 rounds of 9mm had gone missing on September 20, and that efforts to search for the firearm had been futile.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *