Fire Burns Down Business Premises in Migori

Traders in Nyakuru Market in Genga sub location of Rangwe sub-county in Migori are counting their losses after fire gutted down business premises last evening.

The fire allegedly started in one of the shops within the market before escalating to other shops leaving majority of traders with great losses.

Confirming the incident to KNA, the area assistant chief Chrispine Onyango said that some of the premises which were burnt down in the inferno had mattress, kitchenware, stores of bails of clothes and a bookshop.

Onyango added that the preliminary investigations conducted by Kenya Power who rushed to the scene indicate that the fire was caused by an electric fault.

He revealed that the trader’s lost properties worth thousands of shillings in the inferno since most of them also use the same premises as their residence where they stay with their families.

The administrator further said that all properties belonging to traders were completely destroyed during the fire and nothing was salvaged adding that no casualties were reported during the incident.

He called upon the county department of disaster management, the Kenya Red Cross and other well-wishers to intervene and provide humanitarian assistance to the traders who lost their properties in the fire incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *