A lot of single people will so get this struggle because they’re the ones who go on a lot more dates than those who are in relationships. Even if you’ve had a bad first date experience, I’m sure some of these will reassure you.
1.When the waiter/waitress tells you that you’re the third one he’s brought that week
2. When the person you’re on a date with says you have to go dutch (split 50/50) (Kenyan men can be so ill-mannered).
3. If he does pay for everything that you’re having, he tells you that it’s okay and you can pay him back later. Pause, rewind, WHAT???
4. When he’s soooo far from what you saw on his WhatsApp profile pic- really now?
5. As you’re talking you realize that he’s the grandson to your mother’s cousin’s mother. Sigh.
6. He has the nerve to bring a third wheel to your date
7. When he hits you with the ‘tutoke hapa twende kwangu’ line. Ummm, calm your tits brathe
8. Horrible bad breath or body odour; you’re there wondering why the person couldn’t at least make an effort to up his hygiene game this once.
There are those awkward situations where you like someone but that first date ruins everything. Do you have any of those? Please tell us in the comment section.