Sky, however, states that Chelsea is holding out for £100m despite Hazard having just over a year left on his contract.
Hazard move to the Bernabeu was fueled earlier in the season when Hazard admitted that he was torn between inking a new deal with the London based club or moving to Spain.
“Sometimes in my head, I wake up in the morning and think I want to go. Sometimes I think I want to stay. It is a hard decision. It is my future,” Hazard said in October last year.
But the Belgian situation at Stamford Bridge is complicated by Chelsea’s two-window transfer ban, which will come into effect this summer, with the Blues’ appeal to be heard on Thursday.
Hazard also spoke of his desire to leave for the Spanish giants after a stellar World Cup showing for his country, believing he had one big move left in his career.
“That’s why I spoke after the World Cup and I said that I think it is time to change because I played a great World Cup,” he said. “I am really in the game; I am playing good football at the moment. Real Madrid is the best club in the world. I don’t want to lie today.”
Hazard, who turned 28 in January, signed for Chelsea in a £32million deal from French club Lille in 2012 and he has gone on to score 106 goals in 341 appearances.