Kinango police boss John Kemboi has revealed that on Monday evening that police acting on intelligence stormed a two bedroom house at around 12 amon Sunday evening seizing 17 youths in a safe house in Samburu township whom they claimed were being procesed to join al-shabab in Somalia.
The suspects are 15 men and two young women aged between 18 and 27 years . The youths homes had been traced to the Coast and Rift Valley regions
Upon further interrogation, the suspects told police they had been staying in the house for the past one month awaiting further “directions”.
“The youths are from Tana River, Baringo, Rongai in Nakuru, Mombasa and Kilifi, according to their identification cards,” said the police chief.
Two of the suspects told police they had completed Form Four but could not go to university due to lack of fees. Others are Class Seven dropouts.”We have handed them to the Anti-Terrorism Police Unit,” said the police boss.
Mr Kemboi hinted that during the raid, crucial documents that would be helpful in the investigations were found.
Do you believe these documents will aid in the investigations impactfully?