Marcos alonso has proved to be a valuable to asset to Chelsea football club and the club has now rewarded him with a new contract. He has signed a new contract at Chelsea that will keep him at the club until 2023.
The Spain left-back moved to Stamford Bridge from Fiorentina in 2016 and won the Premier League title in his first season with the Blues.
The 27-year-old, who previously played for Bolton having joined from Real Madrid, also won last season’s FA Cup.
“I am so happy to stay here longer and to keep playing for one of the best teams in the world,” he said.
“It’s been a very good two seasons and I am looking forward to more.”
— Marcos Alonso (@marcosalonso03) October 24, 2018
Alonso says Sarri is a great manager and the players are enjoying their football under him, but he added that there is still room for improvement
Alonso has scored 15 goals in 92 appearances in all competitions for Chelsea and received his first international call-up in March.
In his debut season, he became the first player in English football league history to win his first 14 starts for a club.
“We are delighted to be extending Marcos’ contract,” said Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia.
“In the past two seasons he has developed into an important player for the club, demonstrating his outstanding ability and a fantastic attitude.” he concluded.
Chelsea’s work horse Eden Hazard though is yet to sign a new contract with the Belgian International seemingly torn in between signing a move contract and moving to Spain to join Real Madrid.
Hazard has been repeatedly linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge as he edges closer to the end of his current deal.
The Belgium international has less than two years remaining with the Blues and La Liga big guns Real Madrid have been heavily tipped to land the 27-year-old after he revealed his dreams to play in Spain.
Hazard has been in impressive form so far this season, bagging eight goals in all competitions for Maurizio Sarri’s side.